Improve communication and problem solving skills and build resilience.
Dementia Advisor is a scenario based training app designed for family caregivers.
Learn how to:
- Deal with refusal
- Manage difficult behaviours
- Deal with family tension
- Manage work-life demands
- Access and manage services
Learn through real-life situations
Scenarios reflect common caregiving challenges including:
- Getting to the adult day program
- Coping with personal hygiene concerns
- Dealing with denial
- Managing wandering without panic
- Coping with paranoia and accusations
- Dealing with apathy and engagement
- Coping with inappropriate behaviour
- Managing aggressive behaviour
- Asking for help when you need it
- Helping family understand the burden of caregiving
- Finding time for your partner
- Coping with a bad past relationship
- What to do when you are burning out
- When you and your work come last
- Dealing with loneliness and isolation
- When is it time to stop driving?
- Exercising your power of attorney
- Coping with intrusive and repetitive calls
- Asking for help at work
- Helping the person with dementia accept services
- Finding the help that’s right for you
Benefit from clinical experience
Dementia Advisor is based on the Cyril & Dorothy, Jill & Joel Reitman Centre CARERS Program at Sinai Health System in Toronto.
This clinically effective 10-week group intervention has helped hundreds of family caregivers since 2009.
The Dementia Advisor app was developed by Sinai Health System (Toronto), the Cyril & Dorothy, Joel & Jill Reitman Centre for Alzheimer’s Support & Training, in association with Acquian.
The app was funded in part from the Government of Canada’s Social Development Partnership Program – Children and Families Component.
© Sinai Health System, 2016, Toronto, Canada. All Rights Reserved